Tuesday, May 6, 2014

All in all,

Haven't been uploading these days but I've been trying to do art everyday as promised.
But my work seems to be degrading somehow it's frighteningly sad. I am not too sure how these two words can come together but yeah.

Spoke to zhenming previously about illustration and his perception towards it. And I started to question myself about what exactly is the fine line between illustration and art? Are they at all the same thing? And does my work qualify as a good illustration? I've never been confident about my works and I wonder if I will ever be. But yeah what makes a good illustration and how can I strive towards a good creation? Perhaps I should really sit down one day and set goals for my art making. Or maybe start working experimentally, exploring different things and make new discoveries. 

--------------------

I've been working on a lot of things these days but I haven't found the time(or motivation) to post them up here.

1. I worked on nat's 21st birthday card. It's been a while since I've spent so long on making cards for people. I guess I never could find time to make these in the midst of study/training/homework.

(I will post this up once I get the image from nat haha)

2. Tried out lino cutting to make stamps for zhenming's "farewell/graduation" gift.
I forgot to take an image of the actual product but this is how it looks after it's stamped



3. Helped san design her wattpad novel book cover

The idea of trade came with the use of the term "bargain" so i decided to depict the image of a handshake which conveys the mutual agreement among both parties.

The division of red and white is supposed to indicate the two factions/parties. I wanted to do a vertical division with the dissecting line in the middle initially but the overall aesthetic outlook doesn't look as appealing as this one so yep.

Support san's book by reading it on wattpad!



4. I'm working on ko's 21st card as well

(I have no idea why I have so many friends who are 21 this year :/
I still have a 21st party to attend this coming Friday)



5. I participated in the Affordable Art Fair Fred Lives Here furniture design competition and I got selected! So the pink furniture got delivered to my place today, I'm supposed to work on it till 21 May for delivery to the fair venue. My chair design will be exhibited at the AAF! Please support by heading there. The fair's on from 23-25 May 2014.

Here's how the pink DSW chair looks like (image taken from the affordable art fair web)


No comments:

Post a Comment