Friday, July 4, 2014

Long overdue

This was typed for posting on 31st May but it took a month long to get it posted:
Hmm so, i'm gonna post a brief summary of all that i've been doing so far. It's been so long.
Yday was my last day of teaching the kids, and i went to the airport to send them to New York off last night. Hmm, i guess the feeling of missing them hasn't kicked in yet but I'm really thankful to have ended my 5 months of work (my first job ever) on a good note. Reading the notes the kids wrote to me was heartening and at times reassuring. I can't be sure if I was a good teacher, but I tried my best. I really am thankful to have met such lovely kids and worked with such wonderful colleagues (hc art dept).
For farewell gifts, I made stamps for them!



I'll try to find images of the stamps I made for the teachers and have them uploaded soon!
---
"I closed my eyes and pictured what my life could be. A tiny apartment walking distance from the school, late nights drinking tea and poring over art history texts, a huge studio to paint in. Instead of exercising in the dark little gym in my apartment complex, I could jog out to the beach at Carkeek park. Maybe I'd even learn to kayak."
- Why can't I be her, Alina Larkin
How i wish i could get my own studio apartment to do art too. This scene just seems so wonderful, really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment